Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God's Way or the World's Way

Do you often ask yourself the following questions? What is it that I really want to do in life? What are my true passions in life? What are God's plans for my life? Am I following God's will for my life or am I following the world's way in life? Do I consider the material things of this world more important than God? Does God truly come first in my life? Does He come before schooling, my job, my hobbies, my friends and family, etc.? Am I going to college? If so, which college is right for me? Where am I going in life? Where is it that God would have me to go? Do I have a purpose in life? Does God have something for me to do now? I'm sure there are many more questions that others may ask. These are some of the more common questions that others often ask themselves.

As a youth pastor's wife and a youth leader, I have seen so many changes in our youth once they graduate and head off to college, some keep the faith and some drift away from God. After high school, the statistics are very high, students tend to get away from God at this age. How is it that we tend to lose focus at such a young age? Sometimes you feel as though you don't fit in. You are no longer a youth but a young adult but you don't feel as though you fit in. You do fit in, God has a plan for your life. Look at the questions above. Are you going to college? Are you going into something you really want to do and have a passion for? I feel the most important question of all, sometimes overlooked, is "Have you talked to God first?" Have you prayed about the questions that are consuming your mind? Have you prayed to God and given it all to Him? Have you truly taken the time and listened to what God had to say? Do you know the Lord? Have you taken the time to ask Him to come into your heart and forgive you of your sins? I encourage you to take this time and ask Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior by simply saying this simple prayer. "Lord, I humbly come before you, asking you to come into my heart. I know I have sinned and I come before you now humbly asking that you forgive me of my sins. I want to be a new person in Christ. I thank you for all that you have done and all that is to come. You are my true Lord and Savior. I ask that you would help me to grow in your Word so that I may be used as a witness tool for others. Thank you Lord, Amen."

Why is it that we fall so easily into Satan's hand. If we give into Satan and start living a life of sin, then we have allowed Satan to take hold of our lives. We think that partying and having fun is what it is all about after high school. We take that mentality that "everybody does it." We feel as if we are grown up and mature. I know from personal experience as I was one who thought this way and fell into Satan's trap. I will share my personal testimony in an upcoming blog.

Romans 12:2
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."


Now it is time we make a difference. It is time for that to change! We must put forth our effort to reach out to our youth and college aged students and remind them that God still loves them. We must each do our part in reaching out. It doesn't just end after high school, it keeps going until the day God calls us home. It seems as if our generation wants everything now. We must be willing to work for it and be patient. We must understand that God's timing is perfect. We each have gifts that have been given to us by God and we are to use them according to God's will. We must also understand that sometimes God says "wait." We are to be patient with God and allow Him to work in us. We are to be His servants and He will place us in the right ministry at the right time. His timing is always perfect. We must be ready spiritually and continue growing in the Lord.

Galatians 6:7-9
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

2 Timothy 3:16-17
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."


I would encourage you to read "A Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. It is a great book and it explains the way in which we can understand and know God's plans and purposes for our life. If you follow God's way, you will come out triumphantly. When you choose the world's way, you will be heading towards destruction and hopelessness. Ask yourself, do I want to draw close to God? Am I willing to do what God has called me to do, even if it is something that you may not really want to do but you know God has been speaking to you about it? Are you putting your trust in the world or are you putting your trust in God?

We learn from our experiences, our failures and successes in life. When we allow ourselves to fall away from God, we give into the world's way. God made us special and He has something special for each of us if we are willing to be obedient and faithful to Him. We must take time to listen to Him. It is time we stop playing games and stop the pretending! Maybe this sounds harsh but sometimes the truth hurts. God knows your thoughts. You may be able to fool others but not God. The ways of the world are not worth it. If we keep our eyes set on Jesus, then we will receive the crown of glory and everlasting life.

1 Timothy 6:11-12
"But you man of God, flee from all this (evil), and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith."

James 1:12
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."











3 comments:

  1. I know that as a single mom, with a degree I struggle with where God wants me, but through it all, I have learned to live surrendered, putting Him in the drivers seat. I hold true to His promises in Jer. 29 :11 " For I know the plans I have for you declairs The Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Bless you as you continue to blog for His Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cindy!
    Sorry it's taken so long, but I finally have your blog added to the Assembly of God Blogs network!

    :)

    ~Sharon~
    A Hoosier Family- http://hoosierfamily06.blogspot.com
    Assembly of God Blogs-
    http://assemblyofgodblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cindy,
    Wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! -love ya, Laurie

    ReplyDelete

What Does the Lord See? The Lord gave me this message back in March of this year and I wrote it down. The title given to me by the Lord w...