Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Keep the Faith, Finish the Race

This post is in memory of a very dear friend of ours from church, Harvey Pilsing. He went on to be with the Lord on Saturday morning, Oct. 10, 2009. He had been battling Leukemia. Bill and I looked up to him and his wife, Rosemary. He was an inspiration to all who knew him. Harvey was so in love with Christ and loved his wife dearly. I have always said that I wanted to be like them. Rosemary has such incredible faith in the Lord and she was beside Harvey every step of the way. Harvey never gave up, he fought to the end, never giving up on the Lord. He truly fought the good fight, kept the faith, and finished the race. He knew God was calling him home and now he is no longer suffering for he has been completely healed. He is in Heaven rejoicing with Jesus Christ. It will be hard not seeing him at church. I thank God for bringing them into our lives. Rosemary is a precious woman of the Lord and an example not only of Christ but to all the women that know her. My prayers go out to Rosemary, their daughter Renae and their son, Daryl. I am very thankful to have known Harvey and that God brought this family into our lives. They have truly touched our lives. My prayer is to be like Christ but also to keep the faith, no matter what struggles lie ahead. May we be an example of Christs' love to others as Harvey has been to us. We will never forget him for he will always be in our hearts. Lord, we thank you for your great love and mercy. For when we stumble, you are always there to help us along the way. May we keep our eyes on you Lord. May we be the light in this dark world. Help us to "Go Out" into this world sharing your great love with others. May we be the example of you Lord. May others look upon our life as a reflection of you. May we fight the good fight, keep the faith and finish the race.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 says, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Does the Lord See? The Lord gave me this message back in March of this year and I wrote it down. The title given to me by the Lord w...