Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers Day Blessing

Mothers are truly a blessing from God. I would like to say a "Happy Mother Day" to all the mothers. May God Bless you and your family this very special day. This blog is a dedication to all the moms and to my daughter, Krista. In this blog I will be sharing the qualities and responsibilities of a mom and also share a little about my daughter. As mothers we have many qualities and responsibilities. Mothers qualities may include gentleness, kindness, caring and nurturing, patience, understanding, compassionate, faithfulness and wisdom. These are just some of the qualities a mother possess. The qualities and responsibilities seem to come natural to each of us.

Proverbs 31: 26-31
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


The Bible gives us some instructions as a mother. As mothers we are to be Women of Faith in God (2 Timothy 1:5), Love our children (Proverbs 4:3), Teach and Train our children in the ways of the Lord (Proverbs 1:8), Discipline our children (Deuteronomy 8:5) and Comfort our children (Isaiah 66:12-13). We are to be thankful for the many gifts and blessings from above. God has blessed us with children.

I consider my 2 children a blessing and a miracle from God. I still remember their birth, how much they weighed, how long they were and the time they were born. God had their birth and their life planned. My son Will is 23 years old and my daughter Krista is 20 years old. They are the joy of my life. My husband and I have truly been blessed. I am learning over the years, the hardest thing to do is let your child go, whether it be your child leaving for college, moving into an apartment or getting married. We have a daughter getting married in 2 weeks, May 23. I am excited and sad at the same time. I know that she will not be coming home after work to talk or watch a TV show with us for she will have her own home to go to soon. Letting go is definitely hard but I know God has her in his hands. She will soon start her life together with her fiance, Nick. I consider it a blessing to have her as a daughter and I am also gaining a wonderful godly son-in-law. He is already considered family. I will always be there for her, she is the joy of my life. This scripture has made it easier for me during this joyous time.

Mark 10:7-8
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one.


I consider this to be a very special Mothers Day. I know it may be the last one with our daughter Krista at home but she will be near and have her own family someday in God's wonderful timing.

On this special day, may we take in our own experiences, maybe you are going through the "letting go" stage or maybe a hardship, give it to God and trust him. We have enough on our plate, it is time we start trusting God and letting God take control and not trying to take control of it our self. As moms, we somehow can sense when things are wrong or something is bothering our children. God has given us a special gift. He has equipped each of us. It is our goal to be the best we can be for God and for our family. Let us be the example of Jesus Christ and be the mom that we hope our child will become one day. My prayer on this very special Mothers Day is for all the women who are mothers and soon to be mothers, may God Bless you and keep his hand upon you. May he give you the wisdom and guidance needed to raise up your child in the Lord. May he help you to be an example of His great love with your children. May we keep the faith, trusting you always. Blessings to each mom and soon to be mom. Blessings to each of you. Relax and enjoy this very special day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mothers Day! and letting go isn't easy but having a married child is also pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

What Does the Lord See? The Lord gave me this message back in March of this year and I wrote it down. The title given to me by the Lord w...