Monday, November 9, 2009

The Struggles We Face

James 1:2-3 says, "Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
Over this past year, we have been through some battles, persevered only through the help of the Lord. I will say that this past month was not a good one. We were facing one trial after another. We were hit hard. I am a person who pleases God but I also want to please others. I have learned both in Youth Ministry and in life that you cannot please everyone. It is a struggle when you are a people pleaser. I know God will get us through the hurdles. I know there will be more to come. I want to be like Paul and Silas when they were thrown into prison, they sang songs of praise unto the Lord. They kept the faith and their focus was on the Lord and not the trial. There will always be struggles in life. We must choose to keep the faith and keep our focus on the Lord and not the storms of life. Storms are a part of the journey. Everything that happens has a purpose.
After much prayer, God has given me scriptures and words of encouragement along with the help of my friends. Thank you to all my dear friends for your many prayers. May we learn to lift others up, pray for our enemies, and have a heart for the lost. We are called to be like Christ. Lord give us a heart for lost souls. When others mistreat us, may we bless them, pray for them and shower them with kindness as your Word instructs us to do. Help us Lord to praise you even in our struggles. Help us to persevere. May we put our complete trust in you daily. Help us Lord to keep our focus on you no matter what storms we may face. May we sing songs of praise to you even during the storms. Thank you Lord for your great love and mercy. Thank you for what you are about to do in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Does the Lord See? The Lord gave me this message back in March of this year and I wrote it down. The title given to me by the Lord w...