Monday, November 9, 2009

Words of Encouragement

Ephesians 4:29 says, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs."Our words should be used to build others up.
James 3:9-10 says, "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be." Wow what a powerful scripture. Have you ever said something you wish you could take back? Why is it that we struggle with our choice of words? Gossip and slander can be the most hurtful to others. I have found that if I take the time to pray, God will give me the words to say. I had a situation just a few weeks ago concerning someone whom was speaking very badly and spreading false information concerning my husband and myself. Needless to say, I was hurt and felt betrayed. For those who know me, they knew not to listen to the lies. I did speak to her by phone and asked her where she heard this information, she would not give me an answer as to who told her the information. I will say that before I spoke with her, I had to go to the Lord in prayer as I was deeply hurt by what was said. I simply had to give it all to the Lord. I will never understand why people choose to lie and spread rumors. It causes hurt and pain. I found out all this during the same week I found out bad news concerning my mom's cancer. We were definitely under attack. God reminded me that He has it all under control and gave me a great peace concerning the situation. We have seen growth within our youth ministry. God is really moving within our youth group. It is so AMAZING to see God moving.
Instead of choosing words to bring others down, let us be careful and wise in what we say. May we use words that will build others up. Encouraging words can make a person's day. Taming the tongue is hard for it takes the help of the Holy Spirit daily. I encourage you during the weeks ahead to choose your words carefully. If you find yourself in a situation similar to mine, be very careful in what you say, give it to the Lord. Let us pray blessings over our enemies. May our words be an inspiration to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Does the Lord See? The Lord gave me this message back in March of this year and I wrote it down. The title given to me by the Lord w...