Sunday, October 1, 2017


Forgiveness
 
I would encourage everyone to truly forgive others, not just others but yourself. Sometimes we struggle with forgiving ourselves more than we do with forgiving others. I cannot express how God moved in my life and helped me to truly forgive my ex-husband and my friend. I can call her a friend now; at one time I did feel differently. When everything first happened and I found out the other woman was a friend of mine, it was devastating. Over time though, God moved in amazing ways. I had to be willing and yield to what God was doing. As I began to pray for my ex and my friend, things really began to change within my heart. I forgave my ex and my friend but I still had some things that I had not fully laid down. I fully surrendered it all to God and when I did that, complete healing and total forgiveness had taken place.
I remember when my daughter in love, Rachel had her baby shower and I was aware my friend would be there as well. It was truly amazing. After the baby shower, my friend and I began talking, in fact we talked in the parking lot for over an hour. I told her I loved her and that I had forgiven her and we both hugged one another. In fact when I see her at special events such as my grandson’s birthday or Christmas, we speak to one another and hug one another before leaving. Most people admit that would be hard for them. God changed my heart. I had asked God to help me love more like Him and I know God answered that prayer. God has truly brought joy to my life and it is hard to put into words even now what all God is doing. I feel His glory and presence upon my life and so very thankful and blessed. .
Love holds the key to forgiveness. We must love like Christ. We are to forgive others if we are to be forgiven. God bore our sins on the cross so that we might be saved. When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior and ask His forgiveness and repent of our sins, we become His child. He forgave us so we must forgive others. Was it hard at first to forgive my friend? Yes it was BUT God had other plans, far greater plans for me. I sought the Lord and it was only through Him that I was able to truly forgive my ex and friend. It took God speaking to my heart many years ago when my dad left my mom for another woman, someone our family knew very well. God spoke to me through His Word, John 19:17-30 where Jesus was crucified on the cross for our sins. He died on the cross for me and when Jesus spoke to me, I just began to weep. Even though I am a child of God, it doesn’t make me any better of a person than the sinner. I had to look at the person with the same love God had for her. I had to remain humble and show love like Christ and God gave me so much grace which I showed my dad and my second mom. I forgave them and that is one reminder of how I was able to truly forgive my ex and friend.
If you find yourself struggling with forgiveness, whether it be yourself or with others, I would encourage you to seek the Lord in prayer. Take time to listen to what He has to say to you. Rest in the Lord and wait upon Him. Write it down, it will help you and encourage you. God has been so gracious to me and I want to show that same grace towards others. As you seek the Lord, listen and obey, it will change you as a person. Allow the love of Christ to shine through you unto others.
Matthew 6:14-15   For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Does the Lord See? The Lord gave me this message back in March of this year and I wrote it down. The title given to me by the Lord w...